- PPET - Paraprofessional Preparation for Extraordinary Teaching
- CSEEP - Commowealth Special Education Endorsement Program
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- Military Career Transition Program
- Teacher Immersion Residency Program
- Virginia Troops to Teachers
- Career Switcher Program and Programs for Continued Learning
- America Reads Challenge
- Tidewater Writing Project
- Reading Center
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Schools
This option for a teacher candidate internship placement with an overseas DoDEA school is only available to active duty service members or dependents transferred overseas due to military service. Please note that all efforts will be made to coordinate a student teaching internship placement with a DoDEA school; a placement cannot be guaranteed.
Teacher candidates who meet this criteria and plan to complete their student teaching internship with a DoDEA school, please contact your program advisor in Teacher Education Services, 757-683-3348. Follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the information requested at the DoDEA link and submit with your Teacher Candidate Internship Application, as instructed in Item 3 below.
2. Complete the Background Check Form SP 167. Under the item "Mail Reply To" enter your name and address. Check the box for COMBINATION CRIMINAL HISTORY AND SEX OFFENDER SEARCH, under Fees for Services. When you receive the background search report, submit it to Teacher Education Services with your Teacher Candidate Internship Application for placement.
3. Complete and submit to Teacher Education Services the Teacher Candidate Internship Application with the documents requested in Item 1 and 2 above by the established deadline.