MS Ed in Physical Education:
Emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction
with Initial Virginia P-12 Physical Education and Health Licensure
- 2.8 GPA overall
- 3.0 GPA in major
- Composite score of 532 on PRAXIS I (SAT score of 1100 or ACT score of 24 may substitute for PRAXIS I)
- GRE exam total score of 900 on verbal and quantitative
- Must demonstrate computer literacy
Note: Up to six graduate credits may be transferred into the program from an accredited graduate program with permission of the Graduate Program Coordinator.
The Graduate Advising Sheet for MS ED with Licensure is available here for viewing and download.
Additional licensure requirements:
- Maintain 2.75 GPA throughout program
- These courses or their equivalents are also required for licensure in PreK-12 physical education and health by the Commonwealth of Virginia and are taken at the undergraduate level.
HE 230 Personal and Community Health (3)
HE 224 First Aid (3)
Biology 108 OR 115 AND Biology 250 (Anatomy and Physiology) (6)
EXSC 322 Kinesiological and Biomechanical Analysis of Movement (3)
PE 308 and PE 309 Driver's Education Endorsement is strongly advised for any candidate wishing to teach at the secondary level.